Text rendering with pango and gtkpixbuf

Hello all.

I've a widget derived from evolution e-map. I want to render text labels
on that widget. The maps are png files loaded with GtkPixbuf...

How can I render text into that maps?

What is better: To draw to the widget drawable or directly over
gdkpixbuf buffer?

I'm trying to get pango colors on my display but always is black...

This is the code:
------------------------------- Cut Here -----------------------
/* Pango Rendering */
PangoFontDescription *pfontdesc;
PangoLayout *playout;
GdkGC *Gc;
GdkColor fore = { 0, 255, 255, 0x00 };
PangoAttrList *pattrlist;
PangoAttribute *patcolor;

/* Test pango drawing */
playout =   gtk_widget_create_pango_layout(GTK_WIDGET (map),"Test");
pfontdesc = pango_font_description_from_string ("Sans bold 11");
pango_layout_set_font_description (playout, pfontdesc);
patcolor = pango_attr_foreground_new(255,0,0);

pattrlist = pango_layout_get_attributes(playout);
if(pattrlist) {
        pango_attr_list_insert(pattrlist,patcolor);
}else{
        pattrlist=pango_attr_list_new();
        pango_attr_list_insert(pattrlist,patcolor);
}

pango_layout_set_attributes(playout,pattrlist);

Gc = gdk_gc_new(GTK_WIDGET (map)->window);

/* I use this because without colors does not work, nor with this... */
gdk_draw_layout_with_colors(GTK_WIDGET(map)->window,Gc,(gint)winx,(gint)winy,
playout,&fore,NULL);

gdk_gc_unref(Gc);

But nothing works... What I'm doing wrong?

Why can I set colors with the graphics context and with the pango
library?. What is the difference?

What are Graphics Contexts for?

Should I get it at init time and save for future references or should I
get a new gc each time?

Thank you in advance.