Re: Printing latin characters

Daniel Henrique wrote:

List,

I need to print latin characters on GUI, like à, á, ü etc. I would like to implement like this:

gtk_button_new_with_label("*\*[/number]/*\*[/number]gua/");

"água" is portuguese word for water. The number field could be "\303\274", that equals to "ü" on screen.

Thus, I need some specification or table that shows the equivalence of each letter.

Oops, if you talk about GTK2, all text should be in UTF-8 (this is UNICODE character encoding scheme), dig about at:
http://www.unicode.org

I have other problem... How can I support this latin characters when I get it from an entry or gtk_text? May I configure pango_layout? How?

If you want to convert text from one encoding to another use 'iconv' utility ('man iconv') or GLib API:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Character-Set-Conversion.html

How can I print bold strings from a label easiler than gtk_text_buffer_insert?

GtkTextBuffer doesnt relate to GtkLabel. Anyway, you can use Pango Markup language for this:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/pango/PangoMarkupFormat.html
Also look at (how to set marked string into the label):
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkLabel.html#gtk-label-set-markup
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkLabel.html#gtk-label-set-use-markup

   Olexiy