Stop scrolling on Textview

Folks,

 I have a textview that is I set to automatically scroll to the button
-- This
is the behavior I want; however, I also want to stop scrolling when the
user
scrolls up or down to a certain position -- currently, it keeps coming
back to
the button because I have the call:

gtk_text_view_scroll_to_mark(view, marker, 0.0, FALSE, 1.0,1.0);

Is there a way to know when the scrollbar is at the buttom, so I can
continueing scrolling ?

What is the best way to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Harring