Re: disable Gtk warnings

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 01:30, Harsha(Hotmail) wrote:
Hi,

    I am developing an application in linux using Gtk+, GDK, glib and
gnome-print.

    Can any body tell me Is there any Debug & Release version of Gtk
Library?
    Or how can I disable warnings which Gtk shows.?

    It shows warning with source file name  and line number, which I dont
want to display in release version of  my application

GTK+ warnings are warnings about incorrect code in your application,
you should consider them to be as necessary to fix as a segfault.
The GTK+ development policy is to not print a warning unless
an actual bug in application code has been detected.

While it is theoretically possible to drop the warning messages
on the floor (poke around the GLib API docs), this is a horribly bad
idea. GTK+ can actually be compiled without the checks that are
producing the warnings; in that case your application *will* crash.

Regards,
                                                Owen