Re: Re: Hide window while "busy"

I do hide or destroy the top level widget (the window), but still it doesn't remove from screen.
Thanks

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:39:42 -0800 (PST)
Harring Figueiredo <harringf yahoo com> wrote:

 I don;t think it is a good idea to hid the window.... but if you must do it..
make sure you are hiding the top level widget.

  gtk_widget_hide( <your_top_level_to_hide>);

--- Ingvar Tjostheim <ingvar isafold com> wrote:
I'm not too good with GTK yet, and need help with what probably is a simple
problem.

When the user pushes a button in a window my program starts a pretty long
process.
During this process I want the window to disappear, but when calling either
    gtk_widget_destroy(data);
or
    gtk_widget_hide(data);
the window becomes disabled, but is still there.
I think that's because gtk_main is waiting for the button-function to finish,
and the button-function is waiting for the process.

With gtk_main_quit you can do like this:
   gtk_widget_destroy(GTK_WIDGET(data));
   while (g_main_iteration(FALSE))
   gtk_main_quit();
to close the window in the same situation, but that does not work with
gtk_widget_destroy or hide.

Is there another way?

Thanks!