Re: Hide window while "busy"

Dana petak 6. februar 2004. 18:16, Ingvar Tjostheim je napisao/la:
I'm not too good with GTK yet, and need help with what probably is a simple
problem.

When the user pushes a button in a window my program starts a pretty long
process. During this process I want the window to disappear, but when
calling either gtk_widget_destroy(data);
or
      gtk_widget_hide(data);
the window becomes disabled, but is still there.
I think that's because gtk_main is waiting for the button-function to
finish, and the button-function is waiting for the process.

Or you have single thread in your application, and gtk hide function is idle
function, so it will be executed only when you have idle cpu time wich you
donot have.

I am looking for right answer too.

Goran