Re: GtkTreeView not scrolling

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:31:17 +0000
Chris Seaton <chris chrisseaton com> wrote:

I have a GtkTreeView (backed by a GtkListStore if that is significant)

that is the main widget in my main window. The tree view expands to
show>
every item so that when I have a hundred items the window is so huge
that it goes right off the screen. How do I tell Gtk to make the
window >scroll and not try to fit every item in by resizing?

I suspect you'll have to put the TreeView into a ScrolledWindow to do
that. The scrolled window will take care of the scrolling.

But won't that scroll the whole widget? I want the column headers to
stay in view.

Sorry for the delay, Chris.

Apparently not - I did a small address book a while ago, and the TreeView
is inside a ScrolledWindow, and the headers stay put, when scrolling the
list contents.

John