Re: How to make GDK Top level window to come above GNOME Panel

On 27/08/04 16:57, Harsha Kodnad wrote:

   I don't want to maximize window. I have already tried
gtk_window_maximize() it makes window to occupy screen except GNOME Panel. I
want my window to appear fullscreen with title bar and borders, and should
come above GNOME panel also. unlike traditional applications my application
will not have restore, maximize buttons. Only Minimize button will be there.
As soon as I start my app it should occupy full screen.
The exact behaviour of the maximise function is up to the window manager. For Metacity, it leaves the panel exposed. Other window managers do different things. In contrast, the full screen function tells the window manager to resize the window to the full area of the screen, without any window borders.

If you need to cover the entire screen, you might need to do your own minimise button (just call gtk_window_iconify() when the user clicks the button). Note that non-standard behaviour like this often confuses users, so you might want to reconsider this behaviour requirement.

James.

--
Email: james jamesh id au
WWW:   http://www.jamesh.id.au/