Re: GdkPixbuf is slow?

Hello.

I could not download
 http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~andrearo/rts.zip
anymore. Could you place it again available?

Have you checked out the pixbuf example with flying small images?
It should be found from gtk package. It is looks fast enough but
I'm not sure.

I had problems with slow pixbuf myself. Then I switched to gtkglext
(gtkglext.sourceforge.net). That should be a good idea because
RTS games are nowadays rendered with OpenGL. The Shapes demo is
a good starting point.

BTW, I would like to know how to code all those effects present
in the latest RTS games.

Regards,
Juhana