Re: cross compiling :'(

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, David wrote:
On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 12:46:08AM +0200, F. Salvat wrote:
I've installed mingw32 with apt-get and have been able to compile a
stupid console-mode program into a windows exe.
i586-mingw32msvc-cc -Wall -c complex.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs
gtk+-2.0`
and didn't get anything acceptable. I can cross-compile console mode
programs successfully, but with GTK ones I haven't got any good results
This is just a wild stab, but might you compiling against the Linux GTK
libraries?  If this be the case, would you not need the Windows port of
these libraries?

Yes, you should have a look at the output of "pkg-config --cflags --libs
gtk+-2.0" and make sure the -L flags are pointing the linker at the
correct libraries.  Also you may want to add the "-mwindows" flag, which
indicates a windows gui executable, and will keep the console window from
being shown (but remember that this changes your entry point from main()
to WinMain() ).

JV