GtkExpander

Hi!

I am trying to use a GtkExpander but it does not work as expected. The expander is contained in a hbox which
by itself is contained in a vbox.
If I click on the expander, the size request of the hbox is not changed and the child is not displayed
properly.

I tried to connect to the "activate" signal to update the size request of the vbox to match the request of
the expander but it does not work
as expected:
gtk_widget_size_request() always gives the size request of the state which is currently NOT selected. Ie. if
the expander is active and
the child should be visible, I actually get a smaller size request than if the expander is rolled up and the
child is hidden.

Has anybody an idea how to correctly embed the expander?

 -Arne