Re: huge GTK application: the solution

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 03:48:40PM +0100, Andersen, Jan wrote:
The problem I have been talking about with my GTK app being huge (allocating 378MB just for the widgets) -
this problem disappears when I boot up with the 2.4 kernel! Does anyone else have kernel 2.6 on their
machines? Perhaps this is a problem in general?

I looked at it only briefly, but it seems to me the
application takes the essentially same amount of memory in
both cases, but in 2.6 the *reporting* of memory usage has
changed (how exactly?).  While it reports the threads take
together 380 MB of virtual memory, there are no signs of
actual high memory usage. Note also the large amount of
virtual memory is always reported to be on swap, but swap
does not seem to be actually used either.

Yeti

--
Do not use tab characters. Their effect is not predictable.