Re: huge GTK application: the solution

Andersen, Jan wrote:
[...]
jan > The problem I have been talking about with my GTK app being huge
jan > (allocating 378MB just for the widgets) - this problem disappears
jan > when I boot up with the 2.4 kernel! Does anyone else have kernel 2.6
jan > on their machines? Perhaps this is a problem in general?

    I'm sorry if I'm making a blatent remark (as I havent exactly followed
this thread to the letter) but have you tried using any memory profilers ?

Maybe if you pinpointed the problematic system call with valgrind you could
find out what seems to be "wrong" with the 2.6 kernel.

Cheers,
                             -Tristan