Re: colors and tool buttons/menu items

Thanks for the tip. The one thing I still can't do is set the foreground (text) color on a tool button -

//mpCurrentWidget is a tool button widget pointer
//mFgColor is a GdkColor and is definitely valid
GtkWidget* labelwidget =  gtk_bin_get_child(GTK_BIN(mpCurrentWidget));
gtk_widget_modify_fg (labelwidget, GTK_STATE_NORMAL, &mFgColor);

This works well on menu items but has no effect on tool buttons. Both widget types that I am testing with were created from stock, and have text and an image. I also tried just a plain tool button with only text. Do you think there's something special I have to for tool buttons?

Thanks
Marisa

Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:

Hi Marisa

MAybe you should set you own label widget via
gtk_tool_button_set_label_widget?

Be sure to use the real button an not a container widget, e.g. get the
real button via GTK_BIN(my_gtk_tool_button)->child.

gtk_tool_button_[get|set]_label_widget() provides a way to customize a
label widget - as long as you don't set one, it returns NULL and uses the
provided text.

I guess it's the same for GtkMenuItems

HTH

Jan-Marek