From:   Michael L Torrie [mailto:torriem chem byu edu]
Sent:   Thu 05-Aug-04 23:17
To:     gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject:        RE: Size of application is huge
On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 08:58, Andersen, Jan wrote:
I don't think I do it wrong, but it is my first application with GNOME (always stuck to server code, much
cleaner). I tried to recompile without -g, but it still uses 317MB. And I put in getchars() after each
widget was allocated - this shows me that they each time I allocate a notebook or liststore the application
grows about 8 - 10MB (seen in gnome-system-monitor).

Post your code and I'm sure someone can tell you where the problems
are.  This sounds very much like a huge memory leak in your code
somewhere.

Michael

BTW - I use Mandrake 10 if that makes any difference.

/jan