How to get the reference to widgets which were attached to a GtkTable, GtkVBox?

I checked the head file of GtkTable and did not find a function to do
that. Why?

It can be done by using the GList * children in the structure. I just
thought it might be another way to do it. I mean I think it's a common
requirement to get a reference by xpos and ypos. ( Can't always keep a
global reference list for all time. :p ) so the function might exist. I
doubt why not there.