GTK Framebuffer Emulator

Hello,

I would like to write gtk framebuffer emulator. Question a) Isn't there
allready one done ?

Basically I need to 'display' 8 bit raw image data with custom palete to
screen, as fast as possible. I do not know gtk very well yet, so I might
be terribly wrong here. I found that xlib_draw_indexed_image might be
function I am looking for. Is that true ? Documentation contains just
"FIXME" :)

Wouldn't be some small example for gtk starter, please ? :)

Thank you

--
        Neuron