Re: A timeout with microsecond precision?

Yueh-Wei Hu wrote:

I noticed that g_timeout_add() using an argument with millisecond
However, I want to specify an callback function to be called every 30
You can't do this with timeouts. If you run your code on PC with linux kernel, read about real-time clock ("<path to kernel source>/Documentation/rtc.txt"), but you'll get no more than 8192 interrupts per second.

Does glib offer this facility?

Or how could I achieve this in gtk?

I think that this cant be done from userspace on linux or windows system.

I also noticed that Qt offers its timer with microsecond precision. Why
does glib offer one with millisecond precision?

Thats more than enough...