Re: A timeout with microsecond precision?

Yueh-Wei Hu wrote:

I noticed that g_timeout_add() using an argument with millisecond
precision.
However, I want to specify an callback function to be called every 30
microseconds.
You can't do this with timeouts. If you run your code on PC with linux kernel, read about real-time clock ("<path to kernel source>/Documentation/rtc.txt"), but you'll get no more than 8192 interrupts per second.

Does glib offer this facility?

Nope.

Or how could I achieve this in gtk?

I think that this cant be done from userspace on linux or windows system.

I also noticed that Qt offers its timer with microsecond precision. Why
does glib offer one with millisecond precision?

Thats more than enough...

   Olexiy