Re: how to install new version of Gtk

manu aradhya wrote:

 I have gtk+-1.2 installed already in the system,
which wont support  some of the functions like
gkt_pixbuf.. etc. Now how can i insall gtk 2.2. If i
reamove all old libs & includes from the system will
it cause problem in the system applications.can
anybody suguest about this.

GTK 1.2 and 2.x can perfectly coexist together. They use different
filenames for their libraries and include directories. Installing GTK+ 2.x
and companions shouldn't overwrite or disturb anything existing. You can
even use different global themes for GTK 1.2 and 2.x simultaneously.
There's no need to remove the GTK 1.2 files.

(Restriction: this is how builds and installations behaved on the
Unix-based computers I know. Though I'm not absolutely sure I believe this
should be the default behaviour on any system and distribution.)