Re: Is it possible to globally change the text input method?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Al Amaral wrote:

If you right click on gnome-terminal you can select the input method
which is used.  The default is "default".  The last option is X11.
If I change the input method to X11 the caps lock and num lock key
work fine.  When it's set to "default" they are ignored...  I believe
that these input methods are also settable in other apps which have
text input widgets.

... and gnome-terminal is an open source application, so you can check the
way those menus are implemented :o)