GdkCursor

Hi,

I am using gdk_cursor_new_from_pixmap() to create a
cursor (a circle with a small cross-hair in the
center) for a painting application. I'd like the
cursor size to reflect the brush size. So, when the
brush radius changes, I rebuild the pixmap and cursor.
Everything hunky-dory so far. Except I notice that if
I let the pixmap grow to a size greater than 64X64,
the cursor is fine, but painting with it becomes
problematic - the display isn't refreshed correctly.
When I limit the cursor size (brush size is allowed to
go upto 100 units) to 64X64, the brush paints
correctly, no refresh problems. But now, the cursor
isn't giving a correct estimate of the brush size for
size>64.

Clearly, the cursor (and not the brush size) size has
some impact on how/when the GDisplay refreshes. Anyone
know why/how?

Thanks,
Nivedita