Re: GtkHScale with alphanumerical values?

Gus Koppel wrote:

What I basically need is a GtkHScale which shows non-numerical values,
i.e. "low", "middle" and "high" instead of "1", "2" and "3".
[...]
My question is just whether there'a a better / another (recommended)
way to accomplish this? Without extra widget libraries to add? Are
alphanumerical slider widgets perhaps planned for future GTK versions?

It has been found. The "format_value" signal of GtkScale serves this
purpose without extra widgets. Thanks to P.M. for pointing me at it.
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkScale.html#GtkScale-format-value