Re: gtk_window_fullscreen()

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Gus Koppel wrote:
Andreas Røsdal wrote:

I'm trying to change a GTK 2.0 application
into a fullscreen application, by using
gtk_window_fullscreen();

I've changed the main GtkWindow into a fullscreen
window, by using gtk_window_fullscreen(). It works.

However, the application also has several GtkDialogs that
popup, which shall not be fullscreen. When the other dialogs
popup, the gnome-panel popups over the fullscreened main window.
I would like the gnome-panel to stay invisible, all the time.
Is this possible?

I'm not sure whether it helps but perhaps you should try playing with
gtk_window_set_type_hint () a bit, for your fullscreen window and / or
its dialogs. I expect it to change the WM layer of your window(s). Maybe
GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DOCK, GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_SPLASHSCREEN or
GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_MENU help.

However, be aware that it's probably dangerous to play with those
attributes without good reason. It's possible to screw up the desktop.
Furthermore, they may not be respected by every window manager.

Thanks for the tip; I've already tried all combinations of
gtk_window_set_type_hint () without success.

Andreas R.