Re: Iterating through children

Dimitar Haralanov wrote:
        Well, looking at your function I realized that it might be more helpful
then I thought. Here is what I am trying to accomplish:
        I am not sure whether you are familiar with the lookup_widget ()
function that glade/glade-2 generates as part of its gtk code but what
it does is allow the programmer to get a pointer to any widget just by
passing an arbitrary widget and the name of the variable that is used to
point to the sought widget.
        I am trying to duplicate this functionality! The reason why I am not
using lookup_widget is that it requires that the top level widget is a
window. Unfortunately, I don't have that pointer since the container
that I am working with gets passed to me.
        If would appreciate it very much if anyone can help with this.
Otherwise, I will have to resort to making all the needed widgets global
:(

After trying to shape my app around the generated glade C, i found it
was much better to just forget the glade C and use glade-xml, so you
can maintain pointers to your widgets however you want. You'll be
happier;)