Re: sub window for shell script

Dave Mason wrote:
I'm trying to have my app create a sub window, where I will call a shell script, whose output will go in that window. When the script finishes, I want the window to close.

Should I use GdkWindow?  If so, how do I go about calling the shell script?

Why not just use "xterm -e program arg1 arg2 ...". This instructs xterm to run the given program with the given arguments. Read the xterm (or gnome-terminal) man page for more information.

The option may not exist for other terminal emulators, or may be called something different. For example, with the old gnome-terminal (v 1.2.2) "gnome-terminal -x" does is used instead of "xterm -e".

--
Tim Evans
Applied Research Associates NZ