Problem refreshing a GdkCursor

Hello,

I execute a heavy process in a callback, connected to the "clicked"
event of a button.

I want to replace the mouse pointer by a watch during the process.

Unfortunately, the watch is displayed only after the process, a fraction
of second before I reset the pointer to the default arrow.

The button stays "pressed" during all the process.

I thought the pointer was grabbed, but I put a gtk_grab_get_current in
the callback, and it gave 0. I also tried a gdk_pointer_is_grabbed, and
it gave 0.

I added a new callback connected to the "pressed" event before the
"clicked" callback, in which I put the set cursor function, without success.

I have no problem setting the cursor elsewhere in the application.

I use GTK 1.2.x.

Any hint welcome!

Thanks!

Patrice St-Gelais