a question about properties

Hi,

I just have a simple question about GObject properties: what are the fields "nick" and "blurb" of a
g_param_spec for?

Yes, I know they can be used for long text description of the property but, are they used in any place in the
GTK+ library? are the programmers supposed to use them in some places?

What I think is that they are used by some very special kind of programms like Glade where having
descriptions of the properties is pretty useful. Am I right?

Thanks in advance

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez