Re: gdk-pixbuf and g++ linking problem

 Struan,

 This could be caused by the fact that the __cplusplus guard is not in the
header file ./gdk-pixbuf-xlib.h, and the c++ compiler is mangling the fuction
name.

 try adding this to the top of the fule

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif

at this to the end of the file - then recompile it.

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif.

If it fix, file a bug or tell me so I can file the bug.

thanks,

Harring.

--- Struan Bartlett <struan kula newsnow net> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for checking this point.

But I have lines in my Makefile like this:

GFLAGS := $(shell gdk-pixbuf-config --cflags)
GLIBS := $(shell gdk-pixbuf-config --libs)

It produces a result like this:

gcc -o wm2 Border.o Buttons.o Client.o Events.o Main.o Manager.o Rotated.o
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11 -lXt -lXmu -lSM -lICE -lm -L/usr/lib
-lgdk_pixbuf -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule
-lglib -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm
Border.o: In function `Border::drawLabel(void)':
Border.o(.text+0x661): undefined reference to `background'
Border.o(.text+0x666): undefined reference to
`gdk_pixbuf_xlib_render_to_drawable(_GdkPixbuf *, unsigned long, _XGC *,
int, int, int, int, int, int, XlibRgbDither, int, int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

As I said, I have taken these Makefile lines right out of another C
program that calls the same gdk_pixbuf_xlib_render_to_drawable function.

Struan