Re: gtk_widget_ref and gtk_object_set_data_full functions

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 13:51, Luesley, William wrote:
Hi,

I'm fairly new to GTK and am updating some code to build menus (originally
generated with Glade).  Thanks to the excellent tutorial, I get the basics
but there are a couple of function calls I have no idea what they are doing.
After each menu item has been created, the following functions are run.

gtk_widget_set_name(...)
gtk_widget_set_ref(...)

It's called gtk_widget_ref() ... g_object_ref() may be documented.

gtk_object_set_data_full(...)

None of these functions are mentioned in the tutorial, and although present,
are not documented in the API reference.

Apologies in advance if this has been addressed before and I have missed it.

Not answering your questions, but see:

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/glade-devel/2003-February/000015.html

Which says

- You get C code which isn't related to how you write code by
  hand. But if you don't know better, you'll copy anyways.
  (Why is this code calling gtk_widget_set_name() and ref'ing
  every widget?)

Regards,
                                        Owen