Re: Hide/Show behavior

My application creates and destroys GtkFixed containers and the
containing objects, which could be GtkEntrys, GtkProgressBar, GtkButton,
and a couple other widgets.  Now, what I'm seeing is that calling
hide_all() on one GtkFixed and then calling show_all() on another
GtkFixed results in this progressive hide where, for example, GtkEntrys
on top of GtkImage diappear first leaving a big hole the color of the
GtkFixed background.

The show commands do the same sort of thing, drawing the GtkEntrys, then
the images and other widget, and then draw the text in the boxes.

When you create your main widget that contain children widgets, show the
children first, and at last step show the main widget. Then when you need to hide the widgets, hide only the
main (toplevel) widget, you do not need to call widget_hide_all(). Hiding a widget hides also its children.

In summary, show the main widget last, and hide it first.