Re: How to change a control's size?

lrd wrote:

When I put a control (such as button) on a window, it occupies the
whole space of the window. How can I reduce its size?

Sounds like you're not familiar with the layout strategy used by GTK+.
See http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/ch-packingwidgets.html and following
pages for an introduction to containers like boxes and tables. Important
keywords (attributes) for further size restrictions are: "spacing",
"padding", "borders", "expand", "fill" and "homogeneous".

If you come from native MS Windows programming / GUI designing or
similar: layouting is quite different and not as simple as there indeed
but more flexible (when it's understood) and convenient for the users.