font visability and selection on Gtk+1.2

        Hi, I am not sure whether this is the right list for this question so
if it isn't, excuse me...

        What is the difference in how fonts are found between GTK+ 1.2 and 2.0?
I installed a bunch of fonts which a found by every GTK 2.0 app that I
have tried. However, the same fonts are not found but GTK 1.2 apps. The
font server is listing the fonts in question but I can't think of
anything that will make the fonts visible in GTK 1.2 apps

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net

        --Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say