Re: How to update GUI display using glade

Quoted by a collection of stoned fish
For `Grace Yeung <yeung mrcmry com>'
On Friday, 21 November 2003 (10:16):

I am developing a GUI using glade (GTK+/Gnome/C).  When I click a button
(the Run button in my application) and the connecting routine
(on_run_button_clicked) is run, I cannot get the GUI displays (such as
text boxes, status bar messages, gnomeLess widget content etc.)  to
update their current content until the routine returns.  Is there a way
to force the displays to be updated routinely as progress is made before
the routine returns?

#define gtk_do_events() while(gtk_events_pending()) gtk_main_iteration()

        Then call gtk_do_events() inside your routine :)

--

 Leandro Pereira              (oO)           <leandro linuxmag com br>
                              /||\                  www.mindcrisis.tk

  Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a bible, and it'll
   probably take him a week or two to eat it all. -- anonymous at usenet.