GTK+ with frame buffer - Help plz?

Hi,

 I configured and installed the Linux Kernel 2.4.20 with frame buffer
support, then I installed the gtk+-2.2.4 with '--with-gdktarget=linux-fb'.
Now, if I run 'gtk-demo' it is saying that 'Can't open display'.

Is there anything more to do for GTK+ with frame buffer support ?

I got one sample program (with fb support) from net, i run that, its
displaying a box in the screen. So, I hope the installed kernel is with
fram buffer support.

So, what shall I do for GTK+ ?

with regards,
Naren