RE: beginners question

I found pkg-config and installed it on my machine. Now I can call
(standlone) the executable in the following form:

        pkg-config  --libs  --cflags gtk+-2.0
[snip]
I can find the header-files in /opt/gnome/include/gtk-2.0 so
everything should be fine, because this path is included in
the list above (=found via pkg-config). When I compile my
example I receive a message that gtk/gtk.h is not found.

Please show us exactly how you are compiling your application. Maybe you are
not using the right kind of ticks (see the FAQ again).

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net