RE: beginners question

Hi,

I found pkg-config and installed it on my machine. Now I can call
(standlone) the executable in the following form:

        pkg-config  --libs  --cflags gtk+-2.0

and I receive this information (I formatted the info a little):
    -I/opt/gnome/include/gtk-2.0
    -I/opt/gnome/lib/gtk-2.0/include
    -I/opt/gnome/include/atk-1.0
    -I/opt/gnome/include/pango-1.0
    -I/usr/X11R6/include
    -I/usr/include/freetype2
    -I/opt/gnome/include/glib-2.0
    -I/opt/gnome/lib/glib-2.0/include
    -Wl,--export-dynamic
    -L/opt/gnome/lib
    -lgtk-x11-2.0
    -lgdk-x11-2.0
    -latk-1.0
    -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0
    -lm
    -lpangoxft-1.0
    -lpangox-1.0
    -lpango-1.0
    -lgobject-2.0
    -lgmodule-2.0
    -ldl
    -lglib-2.0

I can find the header-files in /opt/gnome/include/gtk-2.0 so everything
should be fine, because this path is included in the list above (=found via
pkg-config). When I compile my example I receive a message that gtk/gtk.h is
not found.

Can you please give me another tip.
Thanks.
August