Re: beginners question

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 05:38, August C. Quint wrote:

I have an older book here about Linux programming with some examples in
Gtk+, but the sources do not compile on my machine (the CD contains sources
and executables and the executables do run). I think my problem is the
following line in the make-file:

        gcc `gtk-config --cflags --libs`    .......

but there is no file gtk-config on my machine. Somewhere I found a hint
that gtk-config does no longer exists, one should use pkg-config instead.
But again I do not find this on my machine.

What's wrong here? Did I forget to install a package?

Thanks.
August

Hi August,

You can find pkg-config at: