GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE Mode

I'm using GTK_SELECTION_MULTIPLE mode with a Clist in the 1.2 version of
gtk.  In order to make multiple selections the CTRL key must be depressed
while using the mouse to click on individual clist entries.  Is there a
way to put up a list and allow the user to select multiple list entries
without needing to use the keyboard?  (I see that multiple contiguous
entries can be selected by dragging the mouse while holding down the left
button, but I want to allow the user to select individual entries with
unselected entries in between.)

--
Marshall Lake -- mlake mlake net -- http://mlake.net