Is this design feasible in GTK?

Dear all,

I'm wondering whether the below design is feasible in GTK.

One windows contains a button and a text entry( or any other widget
display text).
The user clicks a button, then a function is called. During that function
is executed, it will dump out process informations to the Text Entries ? I
mean the text entry keeps updating when the function is running.

If yes, will you please give me a small example? I'm a green hand to GTK
and  need to finish this in 1 week.

thanks a lot & appreciate your help,

Jun