Re: Resizing/Repainting of container when child-button is resized ...

Owen Taylor schrieb:

[...]

None of this stuff can be right. I'd strip it all out, go back to a simple approach and tell us what doesn't work with that. A small
standalone compilable test case might help.
OKOKOK ... will try that (and get back here thereafter, I have little doubt ;) )

and about the other note:
I'm aware that it may not be the best GUI design in the world to display a filename in a button's label, and I'm sure this will get reworked eventually. Still atm I basically only need a label to put the filename in a lable and would like to have this clickable. Also, I guess the underlying problem (that I can't get the widget to resize it's container correctly if it changes its size to display a filename in full if possible) should prolly be the same for other widgets as well ... and, yes, I haven't yet put anything in
to truncate absurdly long filename .....

Thanks for your help,

Karl.