variables from widgets

Hi,

I am trying to write a program in C using Gtk+1.2 and I have some questions.
My program needs 2 parameters to run, one from a radiocheck widget (the user must select between the choices provided by the radiocheck) and the other is the name of a file selected with a file selection widget. ;)

I have already both widgets in two different functions invoked by the main program but I don't know how to pass the option and file selected to the main program to continue.

Please, could I have some sample code or explanation on how to do that?

Thanx in advance