Why can't display Text in "Hello World" examples?

Hello all:
     This problem have troubled me serial days. I
cross compiled GTK+ for SH4 target with X
Server(Xfbdev TinyX), I have corss compiled
Glib,Pango,ATK,GTK+.But when i run the exampes of
GTK+, any text will not display, all display a blank
button ,label.
I have prepared pango.modules and pangox.aliases in
/etc/pango/. I don't why? Any one can help me?

--ZhouChang.