Freezing a GtkTreeView

        Hi, all,

as far as I know there are not freeze/thaw functions for GtkTreeView.
However, does anyone know how I can achieve this effect. The problem
that I am trying to solve is the following: Some of the columns of my
GtkTreeView are editable so the user can click on the cell and be able
to edit it.
        However, the treeview gets updated all the time. What happens at that
point is that the user clicks on the cell, the cell becomes editable but
as soon as there is an update to the TreeView, the cell switches back.
        One way to accomplish this is to keep track if any of the editable
cells become active and start queueing up all the changes to the
ListStore until the cell gets deactivated but I was wondering whether
there is a way to do that by just turning off the TreeView updated and
not the ListStore

        Thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov
mitko pathscale com

34. What is all this I here about static charges destroying computers?

        --Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say