Re: Keeping a window on top

gtk_window_set_transient_for
like this
gtk_window_set_transient_for (anzahldialog, main_window);

will do the job this keeps a second window on the top of the base window

The problem with this function is that it uses a GtkWindow as it's argument.
To keep my window on top of all others, I would need to use the root window
as the main window, right? If so then how do I get a GtkWindow from the root
window? If not then which window should I use? I have only one window open
which should capture the events. As far as I understood the descirption this
function will only keep the window on top of the current application windows
but on top of all the windows, right?

I was using XRaiseWindow() which does what I want, but my other problem is
to get a notification when my window is obscured ore lowered. The only other
thing I could think of would be to install a timer which triggers i.e. every
half second and raise the window. But this is an ugly approach.