Re: H E L P on gtk+ programming ..

Hi Tony -

Can we get something on Glade vs. libglade into the GTK+ FAQ?

Here's a suggestion:

How do I use the Glade GUI builder with GTK+?

There are two ways to use Glade. The first way is use
Glade's facilities for generating code; the second
way is to use the libglade library which directly loads
the XML user interface description files that Glade
generates into a running program.

Experienced GTK+ programmers generally strongly recommend
using libglade; you don't have to worry about the interaction
between Glade generating the source and you editing it,
and its been shown to be a method that works better
for large projects, so their is lots of example code
out their you can look at.

An introduction to using libglade can be found in the
libglade API docs
(http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libglade/libglade-notes.html#libglade-basics)

Thanks,
                                      Owen

(There is more "why libglade" material at:

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/glade-devel/2003-February/000015.html

but probably not needed in the FAQ)