Re: about GNU GPL

musicinsect_2000 wrote:
Even now I still don't understand if I use a purely free develop tool such as GTK to write a software, can I sale it? My sofeware is wrote by myself or my company without other's GPL code, is my sofeware privatel own? Use a free toolkit to develop a sofeware , it doesn't mean my product is free or GPL,isn't it?
I suggest you to search in www.gnu.org first.
If you use a GPL library, you have to put under the GPL license all the programs you made whit it, othewise, your program will be illegal. But if you use a LGPL (Lesser GPL) library, you can make your program proprietary. I don't remember if the GKT is under the GPL or LGPL, look in www.gtk.org. If you make your program GPL, you can sell it legally, but you HAVE to distribute the source together. Free Software does not mean Freeware.

--
Lucas Clemente Vella
lvella triang com br