Want to use GTK combo box in the same way as we use combo box in Visual Basic

Hi !!
I want to use GTK combo box in the same way as we use combo box in Visual Basic.I want that when I will  enter 'a' in my combo entry1 then first entry started with 'a' from my combo item lists  comes automatically inside my combo entry1 & when I press 'a' second time the second item started with 'a' from my combo item list comes into my combo entry1 .  Pl. suggest me what should I do for this type of functionality.

Is there any one to help me...............