Re: gtk+-2.2.1 installation problem [something more]

 The .pc will always have the 2.0 for version 2 of GTK. Vi the file and see
what the real version says:

  On mine:
Name: GLib
Version: 2.2.0                 <=================== This is the real version.
Libs: -L${libdir} -lglib-2.0
Cflags: -I${includedir}/glib-2.0 -I${libdir}/glib-2.0/include

  NOTE: Since Gtk2.2.1 is binary compatible with 2.0.6 (which seems to be the
version that you have installed) -- If you mix them up some weird stuff WILL
start to happen. You should avoid "upgrading" to the same directory. Perhaps
you should do as I suggested, i.e, install it on /opt/GTK2.2.1 and edit your
.profile or shell script to reflect the PATH and stuff. i.e.

  export PATH=/opt/GTK2.2.1/bin:$PATH
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/GTK2.2.1/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/GTK2.2.1/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

 Once you see that it works ok and you can run old installed programs, you may
upgrate to the /usr/local dir.

  Again, this is just a suggestion that has worked for me for a long time.

HArring.

--- Raheel <raheel khan hotpop com> wrote:
one more thing, my "/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"  folder shows the contents
below. at least 1 thing should be clear from it that glib-2.0.pc didn't show
the correct version that i have installed. really i have no idea of why it
is doing so. may be the apple of discord is the version difference of glib.

$ cd pkgconfig
$ ls -l
total 10
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        250 Mar  8 15:47 atk.pc
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        334 Mar  8 14:21 glib-2.0.pc
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        258 Mar  8 14:21 gmodule-2.0.pc
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        245 Mar  8 14:21 gobject-2.0.pc
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        243 Mar  8 14:21 gthread-2.0.pc
$