Re: gtkdrawing x gtkpixmap

"Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" wrote:

On Ter, 2003-03-11 at 18:23, Samir Bonho wrote:
Hi folks ,

I read almost everything about GTKDrawing and GTKPixmap. I compiled an
example (scribble-simple) to understand this functions.For my life in
earth  be peacefull I need to know :

What is the biggest difference of a Drawing area and a Pixmap ???

  GtkDrawingArea is a widget.  A GdkPixmap is an X server object that
contains a grid of colored pixels.  A widget contains a 'window' member,
which is a 'drawable' (GdkDrawable).  A pixmap is also another type of
drawable, like a window, but offscreen.  I'm not sure how clear this

so why would I declare a jpg, that i want to display, as a pixmap if by
defintion a pixmap is offscreen?

sounds :)

I draw stuff in the pixmap or in the drawing area ????
For example : I want to draw a point. I set all events that I want. But
this events has to belong to a DrawingArea or to the Pixmap ??

  You compiled the scribble example but didn't read the tutorial?
        http://gtk.org/tutorial/ch-scribble.html

  Please read, it _should_ anwser your questions.  If not, ask again.

Thanks for your patience...

Samir "the dumbiest man ever" Bonho

Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro