Re: gtk_init() crashes

Once upon a time Russell Shaw wrote @ Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:33:10 +1100

Allin Cottrell wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Russell Shaw wrote:

I'm using XFree86 4.2.1 on debian 2.4.20.

I put these into /etc/X11/XftConfig, but it didn't work:

match any family == "sans"      edit family += "FreeSans";

Is "FreeSans" a font in good standing on your system?  With XFree
4.2.1 I believe the standard TrueType fonts are the Luxi series

match any family == "sans"              edit family += "Luxi Sans";

unless Debian has hacked this about.

Hi,
I deleted all the stuff in /usr/local/lib and installed the debian
gtk development packages, but still get the same error. I don't
have a font server running either. xfontsel shows "freesans", so

on my debian woody a "dpkg-reconfigure libpango1.0-common"
solved that before ;)
defoma is managing the file

--
-- Katoob Main Developer